I work full time as a secretary/personal assistant, but in my spare time … I head out with my SLR digital camera and have a blast. From bugs to bears – they all are subjected to my incessant spying and clicking.
My background in photography started at age 7 when my Dad gave me a camera. He was raised around photography with his parents and grandfather being professional photographers. He always encouraged me to take photographs which we would develop and print in our own dark room.
Here is a list, in no particular order, of some of things I have done, or been involved with…
- Created and printed posters for a non-profit organization, TPRF that were displayed at Fundraisers in Los Angeles and Australia.
- Participated in numerous art and craft shows in Black Mountain, Morganton, Asheboro, Valle Crucis, and Hendersonville.
- Sold photographs to local chiropractor office.
- Volunteered time to photograph dogs for adoption for Animal Compassion Network’s web site.
- Sold note cards and booklets through the North Carolina Arboretum’s gift shop.
- Participated in F/32 photography club’s shows in Black Mountain, The Biltmore Estate and the Green Sage Restaurant.
- Participated in a photo show at the Cradle of Forestry.
- Authorized the use of my photos for various non-profit organizations including an educational brochure for the City of Campbell River, British Columbia Canada; the Hartford Magazine, Connecticut; the Big Ivy Community Club in Barnadsville for a brochure; the National Park Service to use one of my photos on a wayside exhibit (not sure if any of them used – except for the City of Campbell River).
- Have designed and printed posters for Deerfield’s Episcopal Retirement Community’s Employee Appreciation Fund and Danny Boone Committee.
- Created promotional posters for Peace is Possible, NC in Asheville.
- Donated prints to North Carolina Zoo to Do fundraiser event.
- Have photos displayed at Laurel Mountain Lodge, a vacation rental in Asheville.