My background in photography started at age 7 when my Dad gave me a camera. He was raised around photography with his father and grandfather being professional photographers. He always encouraged me to take photographs which we would develop and print in our own dark room.
Since then, I have enjoyed honing my skills with nature photography, and really enjoy spending time outside watching and learning. Capturing images of birds is one of my favorites.
Here is a list, in no particular order, of some of things I have done, or been involved with…
- Created and printed posters for a non-profit organization that were displayed at Fundraisers in Los Angeles and Australia.
- Participated in numerous art and craft shows in Black Mountain, Morganton, Asheboro, Valle Crucis, and Hendersonville.
- Volunteered time to photograph dogs for adoption for Animal Compassion Network’s web site.
- Participated in F/32 photography club’s shows in Black Mountain, The Biltmore Estate and the Green Sage Restaurant.
- Participated in a photo show at the Cradle of Forestry.
- Authorized the use of my photos for various non-profit organizations including an educational brochure for the City of Campbell River, British Columbia Canada; the Hartford Magazine, Connecticut; the Big Ivy Community Club in Barnadsville for a brochure; the National Park Service to use one of my photos on a wayside exhibit (not sure if any of them used – except for the City of Campbell River).
- Have designed and printed posters for Deerfield’s Episcopal Retirement Community’s Employee Appreciation Fund and Danny Boone Committee.
- Created promotional posters for Peace is Possible, NC in Asheville.
- Donated prints to North Carolina Zoo to Do fundraiser event.
- Have photos displayed at Laurel Mountain Lodge, a vacation rental in Asheville.